SHRI VADI PARSHVANATH JINALAYA (Zaveriwado)
The first reference of this Jinalaya is found in 365 Shri Parshvajin Nammala composed by Shri Premvijayji in V. S. 1655. Therefore it can be said that this Jinalaya is of any time before V.S. 1655. It has a reference in Shri Shankheshvar Parshvanath Chhand composed by poet Nayasundar. In Patan Chaitya Paripati composed by harshavijay in V. S. 1729 there is a reference of Chaumukh Vadi Parshvanath.
From the inscription on the wall of this Jinalaya the fact is corroborated that this Jinalaya was built by Kunvarji, the descendant of Bhim-mantri of Khartargachchh in V. S. 1652. In Chaitya Paripati composed by Harshvijay in V.S. 1648 there is a reference of Shri Amizara Parshvanath in a village named Vadipur. Vadipur village was situated near Patan. After four years, with some reason unknown Shah Kunvarji brought this idol from Vadipur to Patan and consecrated it in Zaveriwada. It can be guessed that the name of this Jinalaya became prevalent as Vadi Parshvanath as the idol was brought from the village Vadi.
There are four well carved garbhdwars of the temple. 25-inch chaumukhi idol of Shri Vadi Parshvanath is consecrated as main god. In all the four directions there are beautiful carved marble toranas (arches). There are 20 metal idols also in the temple. A metal idol of Shri Jinchandrasuri of V.S. 1439 and a quartz idol are also there. On the upper storey there is a garbhgruh with four garbhdwars. In it 23-inch idol of Shri Adishvar is consecrated as main god.
Rangmandap is very spacious. Under its vast dome there are images of dancers playing on musical instruments. Rangmandap has become attractive with the glass windows. The pillars of rangmandap are also adorned with sculptures.
According to ancient books we come to know that this Jinalaya was famous all over the world.
The administration of this Jinalaya is conducted by the firm of Sheth Dharamchand Abhechand.